Taxidermy used to be a highly respected craft in the old days, but is today mostly practiced by hunters and hobbyists. When done properly, it results in the realistic preservation of an animal’s appearance – but there is something very creepy and somewhat disturbing about stuffing dead animals. It is so much worse however when the taxidermist has NO idea what he’s doing.
You’re about to witness the world’s worst specimens of badly stuffed animals. If you fail to see the comic value of mocking dead creatures made to look incredibly deranged by amateur taxidermists, you better look away right about now – because here are examples of ‘taxidermy gone terribly wrong’:
1. Behold this perfectly preserved wolf/bear/filing cabinet hybrid.
2. This is possibly what rabies looks like.
3. Poor, poor koala bear.
4. Elvis the barn owl.
5. A magnificently stuffed bobcat.
6. What did the fox say? “I need to pee really badly.”
7. I believe this used to be an otter.
8. A leopard, or a bench? You decide.
9. I can’t even…
10. It might just be me, but this is probably not the best way to remember Prancer.
11. This lion is showing the side effects of botox.
12. Is that a bullet hole in your forehead, or are you just happy to see me?
13. This fox had a date with a golf club.
14. This leopard will spend eternity surprised by the prospects of having his head hanging on a wall.
15. This polar bear is high as a kite.
16. Poor permanently-deranged monkey.
17. I wonder what happened here.
18. This cougar will probably beat you in a staring contest.
19. Why did the wolf cross the road? Who knows, but he didn’t make it.
20. Oh, boy,
21. I really hope this isn’t how this dog looked like before.
22. Another botched job.
23. “Wait, I’m dead?”
24. This fox is suffering from a bad hangover.
25. Yup, perfect job. Thanks, mister taxidermist.
This how-to book was published in the 1940s, and can probably help explains some of the botched taxidermy jobs we’ve seen since.
Funny, weird or just plain creepy? What do you think of these poorly stuffed animals?
Regardless of your general opinions about taxidermy, most people would probably agree that these taxidermists have go too far. At the very least, I hope that seeing these horrendous results will make some people think twice before hunting a defenseless animal just so they can display it in their living room.
Click below to share this with others.
Popular On Boredom Therapy