When you think of bottle caps, you probably don’t imagine them being useful for anything other than sealing a bottle—and why would you? Millions of them get tossed in the trash every year without a second thought.
But did you know that you can actually transform bottle caps into amazing projects for your home? All it takes is a little creativity and some time, and you can create tons of awesome decor!
Here are 12 nifty ways to use bottle caps that will have all your guests impressed. Some of them might really surprise you…
1. Bottle cap thumb tacks: A lot of people use tacks every day. Whether it be for work or home, most of them are pretty basic and boring. If you have some old caps handy, however, you can paste small pictures on the inside for a personalized set of tacks. Just glue them to ordinary tacks and you’re good to go!
2. Bottle cap flowers: If you’re a gardener, you’re probably always looking for ways to keep your outdoor space bright and cheery. Using some glue and a wooden rod, you can easily make vibrant-looking vegetation. The best part? These are totally customizable!
3. Bottle cap snowmen: Ring in the holiday season the right way with fun bottle cap snowmen. They’re incredibly easy to make and will save you lots of money on expensive Christmas decorations. These are a great activity for the kids, too!
4. Bottle cap mirror: Almost everyone looks in the mirror at least once a day, especially before they leave the house in the morning on their way to work. Why not give yourself something dazzling to look at other than yourself?
5. Bottle cap flag: If you’re looking for something patriotic to hang in your home, a bottle cap flag is the perfect addition. A homemade symbol of America lends a lived-in, rustic feeling to any room in the house. It’s a work of art in and of itself!
6. Bottle cap games: We’ve all been somewhere boring at some point and thought, “Wouldn’t it be nice to have some form of entertainment handy?” Well, now you can! Just make your own fun, travel-sized games using old bottle caps!
7. Puffy bottle caps: You can transform all of your old caps into round ornaments to hang on small trees, necklaces, and key chains! They look cool, and they’re a unique way to say, “Yeah, I have style, and I’m not afraid to show it off.”
8. Bottle cap candles: Whether you’re going camping or throwing a birthday party, these candles make for adorable decorations. Candles can be so expensive, but after this project, you’ll be able to save money and impress your guests!
9. Bottle cap baskets: Saving up all of your old caps and turning them into baskets is a great idea if you have a lot of loose items around your home that need to be kept in one spot. Plus, you can make any pattern you want! This would make for a perfect toy basket.
10. Bottle cap wind chimes: Wind chimes are a nice way to provide a gentle, soothing background noise on your porch or in your garden. After making one yourself, you’ll have tunes flowing through your home day in and day out!
11. Repurposed bottle cap magnets: Do you have a refrigerator that looks like it’s in dire need of a touch-up? Why not turn old bottle caps into magnets so you can create fridge poetry or leave fun messages to your family? The best part is that you can always change it up!
12. Bottle cap table: If you’re in search of a unique piece of furniture to add to one of your rooms, look no further! Glueing bottle caps to the top of an old table top is a surefire way to spruce up any bland-looking motif. It’s definitely a conversation-starter, too.
After seeing all of these creative possibilities, you’ll never look at bottle caps the same way again. These projects will help save you money and impress your friends and family. Now that’s something to cheer for!
Share these awesome bottle cap hacks with your friends below!