Even though the thought of working grueling hours in a mine shaft or braving stormy seas trying to capture crabs might seem like the toughest work out there, it’s nothing compared to the world’s most demanding job: motherhood. Every mom can almost certainly rattle off a litany of stressful situations that go hand-in-hand with being a parent.
Although it’s easy to assume celebrity moms have it much easier since they can afford nannies and caregivers, the truth is it’s just as stressful for them. Hollywood mothers, like any other mother in the world, have their share of relatable “mommy moments” that will have your jaw on the floor!
1. Kim Kardashian: Once you become a mom, there are certain activities that may need to take a back seat to new responsibilities. Kim Kardashian learned to spray tan a little less after her first child, North, ended up with bronzer on her mouth post-breastfeeding!
kimardashian / Instagram
2. Serena Williams: You might think there’s nothing that can stop a powerful and imposing athlete like Williams, but think again! During one Twitter rant, Williams admitted her frustration with trying to figure out her child’s stroller!
3. Pink: No parent wants to receive a call from the school principal regarding a potty mouth, but it happens. During an appearance on Ellen, singer Pink admitted her daughter was quickly picking up on foul language and called her an “adorable little sailor.”
Pink / Instagram
4. Jennifer Garner: When it’s early in the morning and you have multiple little ones sprinting around the kitchen demanding breakfast, it’s easy to mix up names every now and then. Garner admits her memory has floundered on more than one occasion!
5. Julie Bowen: The Modern Family star mastered the skill of driving while pumping milk after having twins, and it led to an embarrassing situation one afternoon. While in bumper-to-bumper traffic, officers approached her vehicle while the pump was still attached to her!
6. Hillary Duff: When the Younger star brought her two-year-old son Luca into the ornament section of Bloomingdale’s, she quickly learned he might be better off away from breakable items. He wasn’t as well-behaved as she’d believed!
7. Carrie Underwood: No matter how hard you try to stick to a rigid diet, you have to take what you can get sometimes. Underwood has admitted that plenty of her “meals” have consisted of leftover food her kids didn’t finish. Bon appetit!
carrieunderwood / Instagram
8. Reese Witherspoon: No matter who they have as parents, most kids hate when their moms or dads try to act “cool.” Witherspoon’s kids are all in their teens and especially dislike her use of words like “lit” and her rapping along to Drake.
9. Chrissy Teigen: While many Hollywood moms might try to act as if their lives are perfect, Teigen’s fans know just how blunt she can be about motherhood. One candid bit of info she shared was that she fell asleep with her breast pump on!
chrissietiegen / Instagram
10. Khloe Kardashian: It’s hard to keep your thoughts in order when you’re required to remember a million things. Khloe Kardashian learned this when she tweeted about her baby’s one-month birthday only to realize she made a mistake about the date!
khloekardashian / Instagram
11. Kristen Bell: Finding time to be intimate with your spouse when you have a full house can be impossible. Bell and husband Dax Shepard were having a little alone time when both of their daughters raided the room! Luckily they played it off like smooth criminals.
kristenanniebell / Instagram
12. Blake Lively: Kids can be temperamental, and Lively and hubby Ryan Reynolds know this all too well. In fact, they candidly expressed on social media that living with their kids’ mood swings was similar to spending time with a substance abuser. Yikes!
13. Mila Kunis: While planning a road trip with her daughter Wyatt, Kunis made sure she was over-prepared for any sort of emergency. However, immediately after pulling out of the driveway, she gasped when she realized she never buckled Wyatt in!
14. Christina Applegate: In an interview with People magazine, Applegate admitted she sometimes just stands in her home amidst the chaos of her kids and thinks, “I’m not doing any of this right!” Rest assured there are millions of moms thinking the same exact thing.
1capplegate / Twitter
15. Olivia Wilde: Any parent will tell you it’s hard to go back to work after having a kid. For actress Olivia Wilde, becoming a mom came with an overwhelming desire to ditch the fast-paced Hollywood life to play “endless rounds of Itsy Bitsy Spider” with her young one.
oliviawilde / Instagram
16. Halle Berry: Even though she’s fulfilled by her career, Berry admitted feeling the pangs of guilt for spending way too much time away from her kids while working on different projects.
halleberry / Instagram
17. Nicole Richie: Kids have a special ability to push parents to the brink of madness sometimes. Back in 2013, Richie tweeted about one tension-filled morning where she and her husband Joel Madden had gotten into five different fights before nine in the morning due to their kids.
nicolerichie / Instgram
18. Tyra Banks: There was one time this superstar was so frazzled she only time for either showering or feeding her baby! Her hubby swooped in at the last second, the baby ate, and Banks got to bathe!
19. Kelly Clarkson: When the country singer first shared photos of her child Remy on Twitter in 2016, she attached the quote, “Meet Remy, our newest edition to the family!” But, “edition” should have been spelled “addition.” Whoops, mommy brain!
20. Heidi Pratt: Obviously women are strongly urged to avoid alcohol during pregnancy, and The Hills star Heidi Pratt was no exception. After 10 months of sobriety, she admitted to being completely deseperate to get back to drinking wine.
heidipratt / Instagram
Whether you’re a celebrity mom or not, raising kids is no walk in the park. The big difference with children who grow up in Hollywood is the way they spend cash as they get older. Some of them are really, really good at it…
1. Koraun Mayweather: For what it’s worth, a quick scroll through Koraun’s Instagram account shows that he and his controversial dad have a great surface-level relationship. But it also reveals how he likes to spend his old man’s money…
kingkoraun / Instagram
Yep, Koraun’s Instagram is the equivalent of a dirty magazine for car enthusiasts. Post after post shows the 18-year-old posing with cars worth well over $100,000. Hey, when your dad gets punched in the face for a living, it comes with perks.
kingkoraun / Instagram
2. Lily-Rose Depp: It’s unlikely this starlet will be remembered solely as “the daughter of Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis.” The 18-year-old has put together her own impressive resume already. Still, she’s had some interesting investments…
Lily-Rose’s fans scratched their heads after her father spent $7,000 on a couch owned by the Kardashians for her. Even more: after the hefty purchase, the leather couch reportedly just went into storage!
3. Reginae Carter: Gaskets across the planet blew when word came out that big-time rapper Lil’ Wayne spent $150,000 on diamond teeth. But that was nothing compared to what he shelled out for his daughter, Reginae.
Joi Peterson / BET
All you really need to know was that one episode of MTV’s My Super Sweet Sixteen—a show focused on really spoiled teenagers—featured Reginae. On top of a party with a $500,000 price tag, her parents gifted her a couple of cars that’d make Koraun Mayweather jealous.
4. Barron Hilton: Brother to Paris Hilton and heir to the Hilton family fortune, Barron—the baby in the center of this retro family pic—has put together quite a luxurious (and expensive) lifestyle, according to his Instagram. As a kid, though?
barronhilton / Instagram
While his sister flaunted her family’s money in front of cameras, Barron’s expenses came in a much more tragic fashion. Once, he drunkenly drove and struck a gas station clerk. The ensuing lawsuit cost the Hilton family $5 million.
5. Sofia Richie: Speaking of Paris… while Lionel Richie’s daughter, Nicole Richie, gallivanted around with the Hilton heiress, it was his second daughter, Sofia, who might have been even worse with her dad’s wallet.
Sofia’s done quite well for herself and she has her own successful modeling career, but Instagram posts show her living like a princess thanks to that “Stuck On You” money. All her posts show the envy-inducing vacations and luxury transportation she takes.
sofiarichie / Instagram
6. Brandon Lee: With a mom like Pamela Anderson and a dad like Tommy Lee, Brandon could’ve spent his life poolside, waited on by only the best butlers. But while he’s pursuing a career of his own, he’s proven that he likes spending some of his parents’ money…
brandonthomaslee / Instagram
Between private jets and photo-worthy vacations, Brandon sure knows how to spend some coin. Apparently, he knows how to waste it, too, a fact embodied by this Champagne bath. Sure, why not?
brandonthomaslee / Instagram
7. Chet Hanks: The son of Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, Chet didn’t spend Pop’s cash on luxury cars, trips, or the couches of reality TV stars. Instead, he used that Toy Story money for something quite tragic: drugs.
Exactly how much of the Hanks’ fortune Chet spent on cocaine is a mystery, but it must have been a lot because he reportedly did an insane amount of it. Since then, those who know him say he’s out of rehab and doing well. Good luck, Chet!
Chethanx / Instagram
8. The Willis girls: To say Rumer, Tallulah, and Scout Willis were under pressure and scrutiny as children would be an understatement. With Bruce Willis and Demi Moore as parents, it must have been freezing in that enormous shadow. But now?
No doubt about it, the sisters (Scout and Tallulah pictured here with mom Demi) turned out all right! But they were all known to be big partiers. While they’ve reportedly conquered their addictions, some say a good amount of money went into going out on the town.
rumerwillis / Instagram
9. Robert Cavalli: Make no mistake, Roberto Cavalli knows how to make a fortune on fashion. His high-end clothing, perfumes, and leathers have padded his bank account since the ’70s, after all. His youngest son, Robert, on the other hand, sure knows how to spend it.
robertcavalli / Instagram
Robert’s Instagram could easily be mistaken for a travel guide: the man loves hopping aboard a private plane and ending up somewhere luxurious. And who can blame him? They do say you should spend your money on experiences…
robertcavalli / Instagram
10. Cazzie David: With his work on Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm, Larry David made his fortune thanks to some of the best comedy chops around. Judging by Instagram, his oldest daughter, Cazzie, likes spending some of that dough.
cazziedavid / Instagram
You can guess two things about Cazzie: she loves her dad… and she loves the beach. As she slowly builds her own acting and writing resume, though, you’ve got to figure that Seinfeld money lets her practically live her whole life with a coconut drink in her hand.
cazziedavid / Instagram