Everyone loves looking at pictures of themselves. We have a tendency to only find interest in media in which we’re included. Sure, we may act interested in other’s pictures, but most of us secretly wish we were the stars of the show!
Then again, not everyone has the same level of talent when it comes to snapping solo. Here are 20 hilarious pictures of people who should have hired a photographer instead of attempting a selfie under the given circumstances…
1. How do you think her friends will react when they find out that she doesn’t actually have a boyfriend to stop from taking a photo of her in this bathroom… with a mirror? She wasn’t thinking far enough ahead on this one.
2. Their dog’s butt in the background of this selfie probably was not part of the look that these two young women were hoping for. Think about that poor dog, though. He looks a little bit sad that his friends are leaving him out!
cdurant / Reddit
3. Why take a selfie all by yourself when you can just strike a pose with your pet pooch? This young woman certainly seems to know what she’s doing, but her friend could really take up a career in modeling!
4. When you’re trying to take a good photograph for Instagram, Facebook, or the like, it’s always important to be aware of your surroundings, especially if it involves a cannon. It’s not clear what’s happening here, but it doesn’t look good.
99-LS1-SS / Reddit
5. Take a seat and snap a picture! As if mirror selfies weren’t bad enough on their own, it’s almost a universally terrible idea to take a picture of yourself (or anyone else, for that matter) while on the toilet.
6. “The camera isn’t interested in you, bro.” You know, one of the most important elements of photography that gets lost on a lot of people, whether they’re taking selfies or not, is the issue of keeping things in proper focus!
Yung_hitta / Reddit
7. Leave it up to Dad to ruin everything! From the looks of it, he couldn’t resist giving his daughter a dose of humility and so he had to drop into her selfie session to make an appearance. When she figures out what’s happening behind her, she’ll probably delete this one.
trevortf / Reddit
8. This guy definitely needs a lesson in perspective… unless, of course, he’s already a photography master and just thought it would be funny to manipulate the angle to make it look like the dog is pooping on the baby’s head?
vinnyty / Reddit
9. This is really what true friends are for! After all, how can you ever know if you’re truly close to somebody in your life if they’ve never ruined one of their selfies by appearing in the background in their underwear?
10. “Ridge-cut potato chips all over my face and body: Check. Vaguely sleepy face: Check. Boyfriend who found me and thought it would be cute and funny to take a picture of me in this ’embarrassing’ state: Umm…”
11. Again with the phony picture-snapping partners? If you’re going to take a questionable selfie like this one, the least that you can do is be aware of the mirrors around you that might give away your photography secrets.
12. Please selfie responsibly. While this man’s photo may not have anything strange or embarrassing in the background, what’s in the foreground is just… bad. Come on, dude, nobody wants to see that!
Sudz705 / Reddit
13. “Did I just travel back from the future to meet myself?” Seriously, it looks like that man in the yellow shirt by the left of the background could be an older doppelganger of the man in the similar yellow shirt taking a selfie!
NaptownFellow / Reddit
14. Glasses Store Employee Handbook Rule 101: Don’t be a creep. When you’re standing behind a woman as she’s getting her photo taken, and you’re also staring at her butt, people are definitely going to take notice.
Found_my_username / Reddit
15. “Excuse me ladies, but I believe one of you might be stepping on a child. I realize that you all think that you’re looking spectacular right now, but can you please try not to kill that poor kid while you’re at it?”
16. Jeez… somebody please just lock this guy up and throw away the key. He doesn’t even look like he’s being subtle about taking a picture up that woman’s dress… look at how weirdly he’s positioned his own body!
drev / Reddit
17. This is why selfies and nude beaches are a dangerous combination. Actually, it’s not entirely clear whether or not this young woman is actually at a nude beach, but that guy behind her certainly seems to think he is!
kelsobucket / Reddit
18. Wild animal + selfie = certain failure. Seriously, folks, animals don’t care one little bit about making you look cute for your Instagram followers. If they don’t like how close you’re getting to them, they’re going to react!
19. That’s a very bold statement to make to the world near the top right of this image. Look, not everybody’s saying that it’s something you necessarily need to be ashamed of, but, you know, it’s not the kind of thing that’s socially acceptable to go around advertising, either!
Ima_Grab_Yo_Snatch / Reddit
20. “You just couldn’t hold it for one more minute, could you?” There are a lot of things wrong with this photo, but the worst unquestionably has to be that creepy half-smile on this guy’s face. What are you smirking about, buddy?
iamhusband / Reddit