These days, everyone is making an effort to go green, and recycling is the best place to start. But sometimes, discarding your used metals and plastics isn’t always the answer. Why would you get rid of a something when you can use it for something else entirely?
That’s why some people are taking their old metal cans and upcycling them into items they can use around their house. If you want to up your environmental effort and make your home look good in the process, look no further than these eco-friendly crafting projects. They’re guaranteed to save you money and help the environment!
1. With just a few steps, you can have a super-cute flatware caddy!
2. A bit of burlap transforms these cans…
A little lace around the top makes for a sweet detail…
Now it’s a cute pencil holder!
3. You know those holiday popcorn tins? They make for perfect dog food storage bins!
You won’t be embarrassed to have this out when company is over.
4. Apply handles to a large canister…
Then cover it with some chic metallic spray paint…
Voila! Instant wrapping paper storage!
5. Your wrapping paper of choice paired with a secure piece of double-sided tape…
…adds up to a great way to keep your hairbrush easily accessible.
6. Mount smaller cans on a wooden plank…
Decorate and fill them with crayons organized for little hands.
7. Decorate your cans and glue them together in a pyramid shape for fun desktop storage.
8. Even empty paint cans have their uses. These come in handy when you need help sorting your mail!
9. Banish the fishy smell with soap and water, and these tuna cans can easily become desk organizers.
10. Looking for a quick fix for your pencil storage? Pop a hole in the top of your canisters and insert a hook.
11. For a slightly fancier look, paint the cans according to your preference.
12. You can stand them upright for pencils, paintbrushes, and other art materials.
13. Paint cans and attach them to posts outside for a quick and easy herb garden.
14. Coffee cans are always perfect for a variety of projects.
See how these gorgeous coffee cans get a second life as tea and sugar storage!
15. Labeled soup cans mounted on the wall of a playroom is a great idea for your kids.
16. This might look like junk here…
With a little gold spray paint, it’s an instant desktop upgrade!
17. If you punch holes down the length of a can…
…You’ll have a killer way of organizing all those loose ribbons you’ve been collecting.
18. Who would’ve thought these would transform so beautifully into spare towel holders for the bathroom?
19. Start with an empty cat food can…
Then cut a square of burlap and place a small amount of cotton batting inside it.
Finally, flip the cotton pouch over and place it inside your can to create a pin cushion.
20. These newsprint-covered cans make a stunning display.
21. They also make for a stylish way to showcase your kitchen utensils.
22. Cans really improve the look of your work or storage room.
When it comes to repurposing your old metal cans, the only limits are your imagination! Start saving those cans so you can try some of these ideas yourself!
Share these upcycled can hacks with your friends below!