Many people rely on a little caffeine pick-me-up every now and then, whether it’s a cup of coffee to start the morning or a soda with lunch to power through the afternoon. The problem with caffeine, though, is that people don’t realize that it’s too easy to take it too far.

16 year old Lanna Hamann was enjoying her vacation in Mexico when she suddenly told a friend’s parent that she didn’t feel so well. Minutes later, the unthinkable happened.

How devastating. We all need to pay closer attention to the kinds of things we put in our bodies, because tragedies like this are so preventable!

Please share this important video with your friends and family below.