Having roommates can be great when you first move out of your parents’ house. It’s nice to have friends around to vent to after a long day at work or someone to binge watch Netflix with.
Conversely, living with someone who’s not-so-friendly can truly be a nightmare, especially if your roommate has a penchant for pulling pranks on you time and time again. There’s nothing worse than living in fear of what they’ll think of next.
Just take these 17 savage roommate pranks, for example. Their victims might want to consider living on their own soon…
1. When this man found out his roommate was afraid of creepy crawlies in the night, he took his prank game to the most savage level possible and hid a fake insect inside of the living room lamp. “He’s going to bug out about this one.”
2. Just imagine living in a house where your roommate would tape not one, not two, but five party poppers to the inside of your bedroom door. We can’t even think about what would happen if these went off as you groggily pushed open your door on the way to the restroom in the middle of the night.
3. This guy had better really love playing croquet, because not only does he get to see a croquet court every day, but he gets to live on a croquet court every day. Hey, at least his roommate was kind enough to protect the floors…
4. You can imagine this person is going to remember not to ask their diabolical roommate to buy tin foil in bulk the next time they take a trip to Costco. No one should have access to that much of the stuff. Tin hats off to this prankster!
5. Any real prankster will tell you that basing your goofs on your roommate’s greatest fear is a surefire way to pull a good one. That’s exactly why you should tell your friends you’re afraid of money and puppies. Who knows? Maybe they’ll give you that instead of this…
6. There’s nothing worse than finding out there’s a leak in your apartment; no one ever wants to be the one to call the landlord to come and fix it. This brilliant person told their friend their was a “leek” in their bathroom to evoke a little fear. Brutal.
7. Airhorns are alarming to people no matter where you put them. So when this person’s roommate taped one behind the front door to their apartment, you’d better believe that the next unlucky soul to open that door fell straight to the floor.
8. The falling basket above the door is a nice nod to ’90s movie booby traps, like ones in Home Alone and Three Ninjas, but the can that swings around and hits the man in the groin might be a little much, even for Kevin McCallister.
9. It’s considered good luck when a ladybug lands on you, but that’s a different story when your roommate puts upwards of a thousand fake ladybugs in your bed. Not even all the luck in the world could help you get a decent night’s sleep after that!
10. Most homebuyers pay the big bucks for beachfront property, but this guy didn’t even have to spend a dime. Just imagine waking up next to a palm tree, rolling out of bed, and sitting in a pool in the morning. Not even sure this qualifies as a prank as much as a home renovation.
11. Instead of buying a night light for their roommate who’s afraid of the dark, this person decided to add a shadow person to their dark hallway instead. That’ll surely keep them from hogging the bathroom at night…
12. With the re-release of Stephen King’s It, people’s fear of clowns is at an all-time high. Unfortunately for this person, the next time they go to the bathroom, they might pee their pants before they have a chance to use the toilet.
13. There are roommate pranks that are mean and then there are roommate pranks that are downright cruel. Case in point: when this roommate thought it would be okay to intentionally freeze their friend’s pint of Ben & Jerry’s to the freezer. “Scare me as you may, but never take my snacks!”
14. This one’s pretty self-explanatory, but you have to imagine this guy’s friend really doesn’t like it when he asks him to do his chores. “Oh, so you think I’m going to clean for you? Well you’ve got another thing coming, Friendo!”
15. Speaking of asking your roommates to do favors for you, this is a perfect example of why you should never do that. Macaroni and cheese Kool-Aid doesn’t exactly sound like comfort food. “No one will ever ask me to do them a favor ever again.”
16. The next time you want to leave a note on someone’s car because they did a poor parking job, just consider the amount of time this person spent carefully placing all these sticky notes. Surely one note would’ve sufficed?
17. When this person’s roommate turned their bedroom into a closet by installing new drywall, you have to imagine it wasn’t exactly the renovation they were looking for. Thankfully, they managed to carve a hole in the wall so they could eventually get some rest. This is definitely a slow burn prank if we’ve ever seen one!
Well, that certainly takes pulling one over on your friends to a whole new level. The next time you want to prank your roommate, you’ll definitely think again.
Share these vicious roommate pranks with your friends below!