For companies exporting their goods overseas, it’s very important to ensure their translated product names convey their intended meaning. The following are the best (worst?) examples of companies that didn’t think things through when naming their food products. Some vital things seem to have gotten lost in translation.
1. Why limit your addressable market?
2. Someone needs to rethink their marketing strategy.
3. I like this much better than the regular flavor.
4. I prefer mine fresh, not canned.
5. That’s mildly offensive, no?
6. Nothing like some pee cola to quench my thirst.
7. Someone found this association appealing?
8. I think they were going for something different…