For companies exporting their goods overseas, it’s very important to ensure their translated product names convey their intended meaning. The following are the best (worst?) examples of companies that didn’t think things through when naming their food products. Some vital things seem to have gotten lost in translation.
1. Why limit your addressable market?
2. Someone needs to rethink their marketing strategy.
3. I like this much better than the regular flavor.
4. I prefer mine fresh, not canned.
5. That’s mildly offensive, no?
6. Nothing like some pee cola to quench my thirst.
7. Someone found this association appealing?
8. I think they were going for something different…
9. Oh. boy.
11. Nobody likes this stuff anyway.
12. Must be tender.
13. No thanks.
14. Say what?
15. I’ll pass.
16. Cannibalism is in fashion again.
17. There is nothing like some hot urinal.
18. Pretty sure this translation isn’t correct.
19. I love my dog, but this is gross.
What I want to know is how come in so many languages food names can be easily confused with the word “rape.”
If these hilarious food name fails made you laugh, share them with your friends by clicking below.
More Boredom Therapy below!