Dating can be ridiculously stressful. Between what to wear, where to go, and simple nerves, it’s no surprise that so many people dread it! What’s even worse is when it feels like all of your friends are trying to set you up with other people… all the time!
This isn’t just happening to you. Celebrities are real people and they, too, have pushy friends. Well, as it turns out, sometimes our friends know best. Here are 20 celebrity couples that fell head-over-heals in love with each other because they were set up by their friends…
1. Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel: The two met through a mutual friend in 2007. Both had just ended other relationships, so neither was expecting to find love so soon, but they couldn’t deny their feelings.
2. Meghan Markle and Prince Harry: The royal couple was set up by a mutual friend. It’s believed that Violet von Westenholz, a childhood friend of Harry’s, is to thank for their love.
Acundo Arrizabalaga / REX
3. Emily Blunt and John Krasinski: The two were introduced to each other by Anne Hathaway, who Blunt knew through filming Devil Wears Prada. Krasinski said, “It was one of those things where I wasn’t really looking for a relationship… Then I met her… I was like, Oh god, I think I’m going to fall in love with her. As I shook her hand I went, ‘I like you.'”
John Krasinski / Instagram
4. Salma Hayek and François-Henri Pinault: The pair was set up on a blind date back in 2006, except only one of them knew it was a date at the time. Hayek thought she was going to an event, but when she showed up Pinault was the only one there. Two years later, they were married.
5. Gisele Bündchen and Tom Brady: Bündchen shared in an interview that her friend wanted to set her up with the “girl version” of her. Bündchen knew right away that Brady was the man for her. She could tell he was a man of integrity and that his beliefs were strong like hers.
Tom Brady / Instagram
6. Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman: A friend introduced them in 2008 at the Palm Springs Film Festival. They married four years later and together have one son. Hathaway has joked she only married Shulman because she couldn’t marry Emily Blunt.
Kristina Bumphrey / Star Traks Photo
7. Courteney Cox and Johnny McDaid: You’ll never guess who set these two up… Ed Sheeran! At the time, he was living with Johnny McDaid from the band Snow Patrol. He introduced them and the rest is history.
SMXRF / Star Max / GC Images
8. Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden: Thanks to Nicole Richie, who is married to Madden’s brother, Joel, these two path’s crossed. She said on Watch What Happens Live, “I approve of anything that’s going to make Benji happy. I’m going to take responsibility for everything!”
9. Joe Manganiello and Sofia Vergara: Vergara’s Modern Family co-star, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, introduced the pair at a party, but she slid Manganiello her phone number to move the process along. Obviously, things turned out great because the couple has been married for two years.
Sofia Vergara / Instagram
10. Khloé Kardashian and Tristan Thompson: Brandon Jennings, a friend of Khloé and Malika, set the pair up. Khloé was at the Bel-Air Hotel and Jennings ambushed their dinner to introduce Thompson. She had no idea she was going on a blind date.
Khloe Kardashian / Instagram
11. Lauren Conrad and William Tell: Conrad once met her husband onstage at his concert when she was 16. Ten years later they were set up on a blind date for Valentine’s Day in 2012. The rest is history.
Lauren Conrad / Instagram
12. Elsa Pataky and Chris Hemsworth: The pair was actually set up by their dialect coach! She knew they would hit it off, so she told each of them about the other. Eventually, she convinced the Aussies to meet.
Chris Hemsworth / Instagram
13. Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber: Crawford’s agent, Michael Gruber, is to thank for this relationship. Gruber was getting married and suggested the two attend his wedding together. They agreed, met up the night before to get to know each other, and it was as good as done.
Cindy Crawford / Instagram
14. Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds: So these two didn’t exactly get set up, but they definitely met through friends… basically. The two were on a double date with OTHER people. While on the date, their chemistry was off the charts. It was a bit awkward for their respective dates, but it worked out great for Hollywood’s favorite couple.
Ryan Reynolds / Instagram
15. Bridgette Wilson and Pete Sampras: The two have been married for 18 years, and they owe it all to a friend with some serious connections. Sampras was at the movies with a friend back in the ’90s. He saw Wilson and jokingly told his friend he would like to meet her. Well, the friend did some magic and got Wilson’s number.
16. Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas: Turner is lucky that she had a friend on the inside! Hailee Steinfeld had recently worked with Jonas’ band DNCE recording a song when Turner texted her and asked what Jonas was like. Steinfeld gave Turner her blessing and his number.
Joe Jonas / Instagram
17. Meghan Trainor and Daryl Sabara: Trainor met her Spy Kids fiancé through mutual celeb friend Chloe Grace Moretz. She had the perfect guy in mind for her new friend, describing him to Trainor as “the nicest guy in the world.”
Meghan Trainor / Instagram
18. Hilarie Burton and Jeffrey Dean Morgan: These two met on a double date orchestrated by Morgan’s Supernatural co-star Jensen Ackles and his wife. Burton recalled the date went great and that she and Morgan ended up drinking tequila at her house the rest of the night.
Nicholas Hunt / FilmMagic
19. Tracey McShane and Jon Stewart: Stewart was set up by a friend who was a production assistant on the film Wishful Thinking. They met up at a Mexican restaurant for their first date and were together for five years before they married in 2000.
20. Kenya Moore and Marc Daly: The Real Housewives of Atlanta star was set up with her man by none other than Chef Roblé. He was so happy when they got married expressing, “I’m tryna be like [Marc] when I grow up!”
Kenya Moore Daly