Geologists have discovered hundreds of naturally occurring geological formations in all parts of the world. While they spend a great deal of time studying these formations, researchers suggest that there are still plenty more to be found.
These geological formations are created over the course of millions of years and form as a reaction to differing weather patterns, like rain, wind, erosion, and heat. Luckily for us, the end result is a natural, observable beauty.
That’s exactly why the photographers who captured these photographs of geological formations are so fortunate. You have to see just how beautiful they are…
1. Cave of the Crystals in Mexico.
2. Eye of the Sahara in Mauritania.
3. Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland.
4. Sailing Stones of the Racetrack Playa in California’s Death Valley.
5. Ice Towers of Mount Erebus in Antarctica.
6. The Oklo Natural Nuclear Reactor in Gabon.
7. The Eisriesenwelt Ice Cave in Austria.
8. The Tellestated Pavement in Tasmania.
9. Pamakkale in Turkey.
10. Fingal’s Cave in Scotland.
What beautiful formations. It’s hard to believe that some of these are real!
Share these photographs with your friends below.
Watch this next!
Popular On Boredom Therapy