Each year during what people living in the Northern Hemisphere think of as “winter,” folks in Southern Hemisphere countries like Australia and New Zealand actually go through their summer, and the weather is appropriately warm and sunny.
This year, in fact, Australia is going through a terrible heat wave that’s causing some parts of the country to experience temperatures as high as 38 degrees Celsius, which is over 100 degrees Fahrenheit!
While that’s oppressively, disastrously hot, Australians mostly seem to be handling the weather with their characteristic good humor. If there’s one good thing to come out of the escalating temperatures, it’s got to be all the hilarious memes!
1. Everyone’s had an ice cream cone melt too quickly on a warm summer day, but you know it’s bad when the entire ice cream truck does the same!
2. Stepping on hot concrete is never a pleasant experience, but usually the sidewalks aren’t baking so much that they actually melt the rubber soles on a pair of sandals!
3. Sure you might get burned to a crisp laying out in the sun, but how else are you supposed to enjoy a nice frozen, fruity beverage?!?
4. Just admit it Batman fans: The joker didn’t make Two-face this way; it was too much time spent in the oppressive Australian sun!
5. This crazy meteorological graphic from an Australian newscast quickly went viral thanks to how appropriately ominous it made the soaring temperatures look…
6. …And plenty of people had fun turning the hilariously grim snapshot into something even more meme-worthy!
7. If only there were actually protective suits you could wear to stay cool when its super hot outside…
8. You’ve got to admire when a very specific caption is married to the absolute perfect picture!
9. This one’s funny and a little bit creepy! One wonder where the picture of the melting doll came from…
10. Oppressive heat wave? The Simpsons did it!
11. In fact, The Simpsons did it more than once! Is there anything in life that show hasn’t covered perfectly?
12. This dog definitely has the right idea, but he should probably hold off on the beer! Alcohol will definitely dehydrate you faster…
13. This one hurts to even think about… It’s just one more reason why getting into a hot car is the worst!
14. Everybody knows this feeling of instant and overwhelming relief…
15. This is how you know the heat’s even worse than usual!
16. It just might be a sign of the Apocalypse if it’s so hot that cats are voluntarily getting wet to cool off…
17. If Google says it, then you know it’s true! “NSW” here refers to New South Wales, one of the Australian states that’s getting the worst of the heat wave…
It’s too bad it’s so hot down under, but at least they’ve got a sense of humor about it!
Share these hilarious memes with your friends below.
Popular On Boredom Therapy