Every person has a major responsibility to leave their house each morning with a fully charged cell phone. Not for the minutia of taking calls or in case of emergency, but solely for the purpose of capturing the weirdest public happenings on camera. Few things in life bring a euphoric rush of joy like innocently witnessing a strange random incident.
Camera-ready onlookers with fast-acting fingers are truly the unsung heroes of the technological age. Thank goodness these model citizens provided a priceless service by snapping a picture in the midst of these hilariously puzzling events…
1. Either her house is a pig pen or this woman is planning the most elaborate slip ‘n fall scheme in the history of schemes. No matter what her usage, she doesn’t look like she finds her outrageous soap purchase the least bit slippery.
2. So a dog walks into a bar, orders a glass of white, and says to the barkeep — well, we just don’t know. This fella looks like the physical manifestation of the oldest joke setup in the book. Hopefully his date was, in the most sincere sense, a dog.
3. At first glance, this chap appears to be boasting that he sewed his own tux, proudly paying tribute to the sewing machine that made it all possible. But then, the background triggers a real record scratch “what happened?” moment.
Know Your Meme
4. Could this handcuffed bride be connected to the precarious scene set in the last picture? The world will never know. One silver lining is she never has to worry about her mugshot — she looked radiant!
5. They said he would never amount to anything, but look at Seagull Man now. He definitely was the most powerful and feared person on the beach. At least while the birds were still air born.
6. Gonna go out on limb here and say this character would rather be noticed than actually camouflaged. It’s nice to have hard work recognized. Sadly, everyone else made like a tree and leafed.
Iz Is Smile
7. “Honey, I turned the kids into Golden Retrievers!” That would be what you call a happy accident. Whatever took place to bring about that sort of miracle can feel free to spread like a puppy plague.
8. “Who are you looking at?” People can poke fun all they want, but he and his parents will be dry as the Sahara as they head to the bank to cash their Shark Tank checks for this handy invention. It’s a silly garment, but an improvement on the umbrella.
9. “You know, Shirley, I am starting to think it might not fit.” Spontaneous furniture purchases are such a hoot until reality sets in… in the parking lot. But despite the odds and physical impossibility, they tried to make the box fit.
10. “You didn’t have to shout, I just wanted a bite!” Territorial eaters are the worst. Hence why the bird had to teach that drama queen a lesson: if you don’t share, beware psychological warfare.
11. Again, don’t mess with a hungry bird. If you don’t share your food, then you don’t get your teeth. It’s just that simple. When you’ve had some time to think over your stingy behavior, then you may have your chompers returned.
12. Whoopsie daisy! The number one rule to blending in with the fancy shmancy: don’t spill your food. So even though this lady could crop her faux pas out for the Instagram feed, her stained reputation isn’t as easily resolved.
13. No one puts Black Panther in a box! Or, okay, maybe they do, but no one puts Black Panther in a large box he can sit in without crouching!
14. Nothing to see here, just two best friends chewing the fat on their morning walk. Seriously, a bear mascot and a color coordinated kerchief-ed old woman are a duo straight out of a storybook.
15. Mistakes are opportunities… to make dangerous and confusing crosswalks. Pedestrians have the right of way, but at this impasse, the right comes at your own risk. The most creative person on the road crew left a nonsensical legacy.
16. Sidecars have nothing on the new and improved Pony Express. Who’s going to break it to the cowboy that he’s not riding a real life bucking bronco, so the whip isn’t exactly necessary?
17. Hollywood has really taken it one step too far with all the movie reboots. Lady and the Tramp was a fine film, and these two don’t have nearly as much chemistry as the original cast.
18. When the worst person in the office gets a new job, suddenly all that Smaug business is in the past. It’s handshakes and well wishes all around.
19. Poor Jeffrey! As if Toys R Us closing wasn’t sad enough, everyone forgot about the future of the most famous giraffe spokesman. Judging by the Hawaiian shirt, safari hat, and sunglasses, Jeffrey set off for an easy retirement.
20. In Belgium, make sure to watch your step. Giant stone children and their dogs take naps right in the center of the street, and then workers just brick the street right over the top of them.
21. These rascals discovered a surefire way to scare the pants off their teacher. The prank might have actually worked had they tipped the other unoccupied desks over too.
22. Give that mom a trophy for her parenting prowess. Who knew the only thing you need to keep a kid happy on a shopping trip was a see-through garbage can? The downside is every sound that kid uttered had to echo at maximum volume.
23. Cindy gushed about her “Dear” constantly, but no one was prepared for her strange truth — her husband was literally a furry woodland creature. Judging by their embrace, the deer isn’t bothered by the portrait of her ex hanging on the wall.
24. The guy in the background was probably scared to see if that was a real person beneath those pink post-its. So, he got a water gun to spray the truth out the situation — the jury’s still out as to who’s under all that.
25. This guy didn’t flinch an inch when a fleet of kitties dived over his head. It must have been just another neighborhood routine: mail delivery, kids at the bus stop, cats leap at dawn.
26. Should have gone for the mid-sized rather than the compact car. Either this person had a last minute crisis at their smoothie shack, or they know a prankster with a very niche sense of humor.
27. Well, before they filled the car, some lucky cashier was stuck ringing them up. Walmart workers see their fair share of nonsense, but all that fruit was just bananas.
28. There has got to be a better way. Solitaire is an entertaining game, but this individual was willing to take risk of glacial proportions. It begs the question: if you’ve got kind enough friends to help you do this, maybe play a game that involves multiple players?
29. “Do you hear that? Sounds like hail, but from below?” This pilot should have checked the weather report, or taken the hint. A zillion arrows launched in your direction means maybe stay home for a few days.
30. The farmer couldn’t doze off on his tractor after the mysterious crater appeared. How could that anomaly have such crisp, cookie cutter edges? Certainly something extraterrestrial was at play…
31. Harry and Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber were back to their old shenanigans. Good thing these friends empowered each other to dress and travel in style. That or the pair were on an epic journey and had to make some tough decisions with limited choices.
32. Zombies must have been lurking right around the corner, or someone passed some devastating gas to clear a Halloween aisle this severely. Clean up in the seasonal section!
33. Chicken Little bit off more than he could chew when he signed up to be an Uber driver, but his friend and chariot driver wouldn’t let him be a quitter.
34. Another innovator of transportation put his animals to work. With all the effort of gathering supplies, slapping them together, and rounding up your pups, walking could have saved some time.
35. TV pitch idea: A new game show where you step in a phone booth filled with water and catch as many goldfish in your hands as possible. You’re not interested? Well, then someone needs to feed the fish in the parking lot.
36. “They weren’t my nuts I swear!” It’s never who you’d expect to lead a life of crime, but don’t judge a man by his mascot suit. Russian police didn’t crack a smile while arresting this rodent.
37. Pikachu worked the cutesy angle and that was his biggest asset to his life of crime. It’s unclear what transpired here, but the offense was so serious the other mascots needed to break character.
38. Waldo has been found. Well, this guy took some inspiration from the pages of a children’s search-and-find book to hide from the law. But, sadly, red and white stripes are super conspicuous.
39. One proud peacock decided to take a confident strut around the pool to show off his beautiful beach bod. No one else could hold a candle to a tail like that!
40. A picture says a thousand words, but the first one that comes to mind here is “ooooooouch.” Here lies the last ditch effort of a romantic who got served to the trash can with an Olympic-level volleyball spike.
41. The elevator was full, so this hero tried to get in their last-minute steps for the day. Jokes aside, it’s a real mystery as to how this vehicle got up the stairs to begin with. The climb up is normally the tougher challenge!
42. It doesn’t appear to be the safest form of transportation, but he probably couldn’t trust anyone but himself to carry the important oversized butter dish on his back. But crawling blindfolded through traffic might’ve been a passive aggressive push over the edge.
43. Someone annoyed the cleaning crew. It took a bold person to make such a strong soap statement. They cleaned their hands of the responsibility of providing liquid hand soap options and forced the bathroom goers to use some elbow grease.
44. As soon as the weather changes, people start showing off their hot rods, though it’s not every day a chariot rumbles down the highway. This guy looks like he time jumped from 100 BC to take his horse on a leisurely stroll.
Ultracrepidarian / Twitter
45. Something about this office is out of the ordinary, but it’s tough to pinpoint what exactly it could be…oh, yeah. It’s the shiny plastic dinosaurs. The staff appeared neutral to their childlike seats, and don’t seem bothered by the dino-heads blocking their keyboards.
Aeonden / Reddit
46. These two smiling sweeties turned a problem into a bonding opportunity. Balancing the absurdity of this vehicular oddity with a heartwarming display of true partnership is a lot to absorb on the morning commute.
Ronkbr / Reddit
47. “Mom! A cougar jumped through the kitchen window! Again!” How do you explain to your insurance company that a large cat is responsible for the damage? Take a picture of said cat relishing in the aftermath of his destruction, of course.
U/wishthemwell / Reddit
48. No diving at this pool. Did somebody forget to mow, or is this some sort of novelty pool cover? Either way, if you try throwing yourself into this pool all you’ll get is a case of sprained dignity.
Fyw / Reddit
49. This photo is the game Clue brought to life: it was the mini-horse in the conservatory with the rope! If this mini-horse could talk, he’d neigh, “It wasn’t me!” But from this angle, he looks pretty guilty.
AndreiCiubotaru / Imgur
50. The designer of this playground really didn’t like children. There is no other way to explain the bumpy obstacle that is this slide. Given that the playground is abandoned, children are rightfully cautious of the weirdness here.
BobbyMcBobbster / Reddit
51. They say technology eliminates jobs. This photo offers a solution: the convenience of automation with the personal touch of an actual hand touching you and your money.
Vo_xv / Reddit
52. Someone’s midlife crisis car is getting the buzz they’d hoped for! Well, maybe not exactly the kind they anticipated…but, buzz nonetheless. Walking in a parking lot and happening on this nightmare would make anybody believe they’re witnessing a plague.
Pugc / Imgur
53. Have you heard the reports about missing bees? Well, rest assured, they’ve been hiding in the ceiling of this garage. This homeowner knew there was a hive, but maybe they should cut a few more holes. It looks like the bees infiltrated the entire house!
Jaskmackey / Imgur
54. The survivalist camping workshop didn’t exclusively list humans only, so Whiskers gave it a go. Believe it or not, he can strike a mean match! The other campers never expected to be shown up by a fluffy kitty.
Cosmickeys / Reddit
55. Even Willy Wonka would be baffled by these options. Every floor has two buttons, so no matter which you pick, it’s a gamble. Hopefully, the poor soul who took this picture made the correct selection!
KelvinD64 / Imgur
56. It may not be the most sanitary method, but the simplicity of a push broom as an eraser strangely makes a lot of sense. It begs the question, why are we torturing ourselves with a teeny eraser when big brooms do the trick?
Leo1098 / Reddit
57. This was not the mouse they anticipated when they heard something scuttling through the kitchen. Could this be the beginning of a robot take over? It started with an innocent rumba, and now the problem is out of human hands.
Simons778 / Reddit
58. It may look like this is a well-timed still taken right before a massive fall, but these gymnasts are actually holding these positions. Just looking at it makes the mind hurt — to say nothing about the rest of your body!
59. When a bench is sad, where does it go to brood? This one droops on the ground and can double as a chaise lounge. Logically, this bench is probably an art installation meant to boggle the mind, but he does look like a sulky seat.
RayistaNachoPls / Reddit
60. These pranksters surely made every passerby do a double take. Down to the details of placing beverages at the ostracized boy’s setting, they thought of everything. Unless it’s not a prank… and this sad boy is alone and trying his utmost to be included.
MrMariomans / Reddit
61. Everyone claims dogs are the best companions, but then this kitty changed the game. Or, to be fair, tied the game. Still, holding a hand of cards without fingers is pretty a-meow-zing!
CosmicKeys / Reddit
62. No use in holding the door! Thank goodness this guy is all smiles — and clearly amused when confronted with a real-life Inception moment. Another person walking into this illusion might have had a heart attack.
63. This unlucky girl spent the rest of her day pondering the probability of this ice cream malfunction. Most likely this coupling nut fell off a machine in the factory, but that’s not the most comforting explanation either. Hope she kept all her teeth!
Wakawaq / Imgur
64. How? More importantly, why? This visual oxymoron is quite the head-scratcher. The use of a bike lock won’t prevent some hooligan from getting their sweat on while the owner is away.
Bassheads541 / Reddit