Lemons are one of the most multifaceted fruits on the planet, as they can be used for both sweet and savory purposes in cooking. From lemon chicken and lemonade to lemon meringue pie, there’s no shortage of ways to use them.
As it turns out, their benefits aren’t limited to just their amazing taste, either. Lemons have many of other benefits that extend far outside of the kitchen.
Not many people are aware of the incredible health benefits of incorporating lemon more regularly into their lives. Check out the numerous ways lemons can help you, and don’t be afraid to try them out yourself!
1. Lemon scent — Experts suggest that the aroma of lemon can be beneficial to people in several ways. Not only is the scent of lemon helpful in fighting depression and anxiety, but it can also reduce stress and make people happier overall. That’s why many restaurants have lemon trees hanging above their outdoor tables.
2. Clean your scalp — Recent research suggests that, in addition to regular shampoo and conditioner, using lemon juice to wash your hair can help treat some common skin problems. Chief among them is dryness, which in turn, causes dandruff.
3. Relieve calluses and blisters — To do this, you will mix lemon juice with one crushed aspirin tablet. Rub the paste into the callused area. The lemon will work to exfoliate and soften your skin. Now, you’ll be able to rub that rough patch right off your arm or leg.
4. Freshen your breath — Bad breath is frequently caused by a dry mouth. To stop that, you need to salivate. The suggested use for lemons is to make lemon juice ice cubes. As the water from the ice cube gets your mouth wet, the sourness of the lemon will work to keep you salivating.
5. Cure aches associated with arthritis and rheumatism — When uric acid builds in your body, it seeps into your joins and can lead to severe arthritic pain. As it turns out, lemon is the perfect thing to fight that build up. The easiest solution is to squeeze half of a lemon into a glass of water, once a day.
6. Prevent diseases like malaria — If you’ve contracted malaria after being bitten by a mosquito, one natural remedy is to put 4-5 drops of lime and one entire lemon squeezed into a glass of water. Some believe this will work to cleanse the bitten area, and it should be done before the onset of fever.
7. Anti-aging — Lemons work very well to help people achieve that coveted youthful glow because they are packed with essential vitamins. These include: vitamins A, C, and E, as well as magnesium, copper, iron, and potassium.
8. Create a natural air freshener — To get the sweet and all-natural aroma of lemon in your bedroom, all you have to do is slice halfway into one or two lemons in a cross pattern. Then, simply place them in a bowl and let them sit. Your room will smell incredible in no time at all.
9. Improve lung and breathing functions — If you suffer from asthma, have allergies, or even just have a common cold, closely breathing in the scent of a lemon can help to clear your throat and nasal passages with ease.
10. Make your favorite pasta — A little known fact is that lemon peels contain upwards of 10 times more vitamins than lemon juice You can use lemon zest in your salads, pasta, soups and many other of your favorite dishes. It’s delicious and healthy!
It’s great to know that there are so many advantages to this affordable and tasty fruit. Better start giving these a try today!
Share these helpful tips with your friends below!
Popular On Boredom Therapy