At some point or another, everyone has to take a trip to the supermarket—that’s just part of their weekly routine. Rarely, if ever, is it the kind of thing to get excited about, though.
There are, however, moments of redemption where these standard experiences at the grocery store are transformed into legendary ones. Just take these supermarket shoppers who photographed some spectacularly lucky experiences they had while grocery shopping, for instance!
Though the supermarket isn’t usually the most exciting place on Earth, these stories prove that could change if you hit the jackpot like these folks!
1. These double-yolked eggs must have been eggsactly what this supermarket shopper was looking for when they totally lucked out. So much for switching to egg whites, because you’ve got to enjoy this fluke while you can!
2. Everyone knows the saying, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade,” but this is getting out of hand. Perhaps, this is the lemon cousin of the watermelon—a waterlemon, if you will. You have to think that’s going to make one enormous pitcher of fresh lemonade!
3. Talk about a gigantic piece of fruit! This beautiful green grape is probably big enough to squeeze into an entire bottle of wine. It makes you wonder if the lucky shopper was excited to get eight times the antioxidants or not.
4. Now that you’ve seen a dozen double-yolked eggs in all their glory, can someone please eggsplain how a small egg finds its way inside of a regular-sized egg? That must’ve made for quite the breakfast of champions that morning.
5. This is the equivalent of finding a four-leaf clover, except you can totally eat this extra-lucky version. Either that, or these are the elephant-sized peanuts that we’re supposed to be feeding those hungry pachyderms. You decide.
6. Here’s a question: what’s longer? A slinky, or this extra-long curly fry? If you’re having trouble deciding, just know that the mere fact that you even have to think about it just proves how amazingly long this French fry truly is.
7. Talk about tasting the rainbow! This mashup of practically every Skittle in the bag is one impressive candy. Be sure to follow it to the other side, because, with this sort of luck, there might be several pots of gold waiting for you on the other end.
8. Some people like watermelons with seeds and some like them without. Either way, you have to admit this is a rather perfect-looking melon. Not to mention the pure lack of rind! Oh boy, does that look refreshing on a hot summer’s day!
9. Orange you glad you decided to pick this clementine out of the pile when shopping at the grocery store? Just imagine the joy on this shopper’s face when they realized that they’d gotten a two-for-one deal on this sweet citrus fruit.
10. This kiwi is the panoramic version of every foodie’s dream, except it’s not just a photography trick. What should this be called? The accordion kiwi? The gatefold kiwi? Who cares! Just enjoy this extremely rare piece of fruit.
11. Apparently, these gigantic blueberries are the direct spawn of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’s Violet Beauregarde. Good luck rolling these massive berries out of the grocery store without causing a scene—they’re gigantic!
12. This lucky supermarket shopper captioned their photograph, “My Kinder Surprise was encased in a second skin of chocolate. Dear diary, jackpot.” Yes, you most certainly hit every chocolate and caramel lover’s dream jackpot.
13. So you had a bad day at the office? Maybe you should head over to your employer’s vending machine, because look at the luck this person just had drop into their lap. You can either eat them all at once, share them, or start one amazing junk food drawer at work.
14. You’ve never had stuffed peppers like this! What Food Network star decided to put a green bell pepper inside of a red one? Maybe you’ve heard of her. No, it’s not Rachael Ray. Her name is actually Mother Nature!
15. Holy guacamole, Batman! Buying avocados is usually the pits. They’re either too ripe or not ripe at all. Not only is this one ready to go with a nice beautiful outer-ring, but the extra ‘cado in the middle is sure to please.
16. Does “2 stück” mean there are two extra frozen pizzas stuck to the one you purchased? Even if it’s a single extra frozen pizza, the more the better. It looks like you won’t have to cook for a few nights this week, and that’s worth celebrating in and of itself.
17. You’ve heard of strawberry fields forever, but have you heard of strawberry strawberries forever? Didn’t think so. Either this is the new layout of strawberries, or this one is made of candle wax and it’s melting all over the shopper’s hand. Yikes.
18. This lucky supermarket shopper was just monkeying around when they stumbled upon this insane sight. Are two bananas in one considered Siamese bananas? Whatever you want to call it, most people would go ape over such a great find!
Wow, these people seriously lucked out. These aren’t the types of deals you find in the grocery store circulars!
Share these lucky food photos with your friends below!
Popular On Boredom Therapy