A beautiful picture frame can really change the whole feel of a room. Fill it with a classic family portrait or vacation photos and suddenly the warmth and energy of the room can be entirely flipped. But did you know that are a lot of non-traditional uses for frames that can be even more awesome?
Take a look at these incredible ideas on how to put those old picture frames to better use. You can thank us later!
1. How about making this awesome inspirational mood board?
The Anastasia Co.
2. A reusable calendar is a great way to stay on top of your schedule.
Plum And Bear
3. Keep track of those pesky pins with this adorable framed cushion.
4. Use this awesome tiny chalkboard to keep track of your life or to inspire yourself and others.
Artsy Chicks Rule.
5. Or, how’s about super-sizing that idea?
The Frugal Homemaker
6. If chalk isn’t your thing, you can make a fancy dry-erase board.
Canary Street Crafts
7. This is one to-do list you will love to do.
8. Create a stylish jewelry organizer.
Pinterest / Elinée
9. A framed peg-board can really make your tools look great.
10. Have a problem keeping track of your keys? Not anymore.
11. Use this frame idea to cover up those unsightly items around your house.
My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
12. Your picture frames can look awesome as refrigerator art.
13. Your shelves have never been framed so well.
Country Living / Claire Richardson
14. Instead of leaving it on the counter, charge your phone in this stylish framed charging-station.
The DIY Mommy
15. Hanging bookshelves never looked so good.
Change of Scenery
16. A frame can even be used as a vanity tray.
17. Headboards are expensive – use picture frames!
Better Homes and Gardens
18. A framed, cork hot-plate really makes the kitchen pop.
19. And if you have some leftover cork, make these great coasters.
20. Make an extra chalkboard frame and use it as a fantastic serving tray!
21. Or use it to serve delicious sweets.
22. Use them as gorgeous outdoor decorations for a wedding.
23. They even make great decorations by themselves.
24. Show you’re a world traveler by using a wooden frame to house a beautiful map.
Blue Roof Cabin
That calendar idea might be the best thing to happen to me – I have to get on that. Frames can be expensive, but many antique and second-hand stores will have them for cheap – and that’s when the fun can start!
Share these fantastic ideas with your friends below!