Horses are one of the most majestic and diverse animal species on the planet. They come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and coat colors, some rarer than others.
Here are the horses with the most unique coat colors and markings we’ve ever seen. Even if you’ve spent your whole life around horses, chances are you’ve never even heard of many of these. And they’re absolutely gorgeous!
1. A Cremello Akhal-Teke.
2. Another Cremello… beautiful.
3. Dappled Grey. Grey is an unnatural color in horses that is a result of artificially selected breeding. While all grey horses will eventually turn white as they age, white-grey horses have black skin while “true” white horses have pink skin.
4. A Black/White Pinto (A “Pinto” is a combination white and another color).
7. Buckskin Pinto.
8. Silver Dapple Pinto.
9. Red Rabicano.
11. Silver Buckskin.
12. Sooty on Buckskin.
13. Classic Champagne.
14. Gold champagne.
15. Grey Brindle.
16. Chocolate flaxen.
17. A Leopard Appaloosa.
18. Another Leopard Appaloosa. What a beauty!
19. Blue Roan.
20. Red Roan.
21. This horse wears a mask. Wow.
22. A stunning Fresian / Appaloosa cross.
23. What a gorgeous horse.
24. The markings on this horse spell “horse”.
These horses are all stunning, but that last one… wow.
Share this post with your friends who love animals, they’ll never expect to see these unusual horses.