Vicks VapoRub is a medicine cabinet staple in just about everyone’s home. It’s designed to be used on the chest to relieve congestion caused by cold and flu symptoms, but there’s more to it than that.
Once your chest cold is gone, there’s actually a whole host of things you can do with that leftover VapoRub. From bug repellant to muscle pain, that handy gel can help you with all sorts of common issues!
Here are some of the very best uses for Vicks VapoRub that you might not know about…
1. Bug repellant: You can keep bugs away from your body with Vicks VapoRub in a similar manner that you would for ordinary bug spray. Since most bugs hate the aroma of eucalyptus, a dab of Vicks behind your ears will keep them at bay.
2. House-training your pets: You can use it for keeping pets from doing their business inside. Got a pup who likes peeing on the floor? Put some of this stuff on the offending spot and he’ll stay away. Dogs dislike the powerful smell.
3. Heal stretch marks: Going in a more cosmetic direction, you can use Vicks VapoRub to help heal the stretch marks on your body. Some people swear by the stuff as a method to clear up the skin on their stomachs, and it’s easy to see why.
4. Relieve migraines: You can use Vicks VapoRub to get rid of pesky and painful migraines. All you have to do is apply the substance to your temples to help relieve even the most intense headache pain.
5. Get rid of muscle pain: Menthol is a major ingredient in Vicks VapoRub, and it helps relax and soothe sore muscles. Rubbing the stuff on your body might make you smell unusual for a little while, but it’s worth it for the relief!
6. Stop acne breakouts: A dab of VapoRub will dry out your pimples overnight. Of course, that’s not to say that you shouldn’t still see a dermatologist anyway, but if you’re in a jam and need a quick solution, this should help!
7. Clean your feet: Use Vicks VapoRub to cure your feet of unsightly and unhealthy fungus and callouses by applying the substance each and every night until you’ve sufficiently cleared up the problem.
8. Keep your kitty from scratching anything valuable: Like dogs, cats absolutely can’t stand the smell of Vicks VapoRub. All you have to do is just dab some on their favorite scratching places to keep them at bay.
9. Recover from earaches: Saturating a cotton ball with some Vicks and leaving it in an infected ear will help greatly reduce pain and inflammation. Just don’t forget to use some tape to secure it in there!
10. Safely remove ticks: Just smear a little Vicks over the tick and it’ll release on its own. Although, ticks can be a serious threat to your health, so schedule a visit to the doctor as soon as possible, too!
11. Help cure colds… through your feet: Spread some Vicks VapoRub on your feet to banish all sorts of common cold symptoms. Your feet actually absorb the medicinal properties better than other parts of your body, and you’ll wake up totally restored!
Who knew there were so many different uses for this stuff! You should definitely try this out this next time the cat decides to use your new sofa as her personal scratching post.
Share these brilliant tips with your friends below!