Images of solitary places can be absolutely captivating to look at. We’re so used to being surrounded by people that seeing a completely uninhabited scene in a beautiful setting can be as refreshing as it is strange.
These 16 photos of abandoned places give us an eerie glimpse into what the world might look like if humans didn’t exist at all. Check them out, and prepare to do some deep thinking…
1. Abandoned cars in the Ardennes region of Belgium.
2. An allied plane from WWII found in New Guinea.
3. Ruins of a flooded Celtic castle.
4. A graveyard sits underwater in Wales.
5. An overgrown train track in the middle of the woods.
6. This mill in Sorrento, Italy, was abandoned in 1866.
7. This abandoned building was once a high school.
8. A collapsed road with no chance of ever being salvaged.
9. An eerie school bus sits unused on the side of the road.
10. Nature is reclaiming this swimming pool.
11. This amusement park feels ancient.
12. A former diamond town in Namibia was abandoned after World War I.
13. Wonderland Amusement Park, outside of Beijing, China, was supposed to be the biggest amusement park ever.
14. This theater sits totally abandoned.
15. There’s something about the moss growing on this bed that makes it so creepy.
16. This old auditorium looks like it used to beautiful.
Seeing these places without any sign of human life is truly spooky. It’s almost as if you can see the ghosts of their former inhabitants…
Share these photos with your friends below.