Wrapping presents for the holidays can be a miserable experience for the uninitiated, and a shoddily constructed wrap-job can make even the most thoughtful gifts look cheap. But it’s not just the helpless wrappers that need inspiration. Even the most “Martha Stewart” among us could use some tips on how to make the most out of the display.
Here are some of the most creative DIY wrapping paper ideas we’ve ever encountered.
1. Use dollies as gift tags
2. In a pinch, you can doodle on a plain gift box!
3. How about some scented gift wraps?
4. Use a map to wrap
5. Glue Some pompoms on that thing!
6. Try a wax paper bow
7. Use a textured rolling pin and paint
8. Use a photo to make your gifts pop
9. Accent your gift with some glitter
10. Use recycled paper for custom bows
11. Finger paint holiday lights
12. Make unique designs with potato stamps
13. Black paper + white pens = beautiful gift
14. Plaid up your holiday season with tissue paper and an iron
15. Combine paint and soap for a bubbly wrap job worthy of your best gifts
16. This washi tape spices up your gift wrap
17. Weave your way to a special gift
17. Leave a mouse under the tree
18. Go the natural route
19. Use your scrapbooking tendencies to make a perfect tag
What are you waiting for? Get wrapping. Those presents aren’t going to perfectly crochet themselves.
Share these tips with our friends and family, because basic wrapping paper just won’t cut it this year.