As people age, they can become more frustrated and their senses of humor might deteriorate (at least, according to the stereotypes). You don’t even need to look to your grandparents, either: just think of the bad jokes your parents probably tell you all the time!
In fact, both “mom jokes” and “dad jokes” each boast their own particular style of humor, whether it be overly naïve or literal. And, sometimes, they’re so bad that they’re actually, well… good. Case in point: these 35 parents who were able to find the “funny” in every situation. Are your parents as awesome as these?
1. When you’re a parent, it’s easy to start to feel a little bit like an ATM machine. Luckily, this mom has a real sense of humor when it comes to meeting her son’s hilariously over-the-top demands for cash.
2. It can also be tough to get information from your kids about what’s going on in their lives, especially once they hit those tricky teen years. Thankfully, the path to every teen’s heart (or mind) is through their stomach. These parents didn’t even have to say one word in order to inquire about their son’s new flame; they let the cake speak for itself!
3. For most parents, hitting a deer in the middle of the road is a cautionary tale to their children about the dangers of driving. For this dad, it was a chance to stage a hilarious, albeit macabre, photo shoot.
4. When you’re a teenager on social media, you like to think that it’s the perfect place to escape from your annoying parents. These folks proved that not even Facebook is safe from parents with a good sense of humor.
5. You’ve just got to love a dad who finds new and inventive ways of saying “no” when it comes to giving out money for gas. Some people would be tempted to reject their children’s requests outright, but this wise guy preferred hilarious prop comedy.
Keep going for even more hilarious parents’ pranks and jokes!
6. There’s a reason why it can be super annoying when your mom or dad learns some new “hip” slang. But let’s be honest: while these texts surely irked his son, they are pretty darn funny to everyone else!
7. It’s amazing what a difference age and gender can make when it comes to these goofy web challenges. What looks like a cute fun activity for this teenager and her friends looks more like the beginning of a horror movie as soon as her dad gives it a shot!
8. While everyone can agree that babies are sweet and adorable, they can also be a little, well… boring. Unless, that is, you are this parent with a lot of time (and fake eyelashes) on your hands. Too funny.
9. Parents aren’t the only ones getting in on the hilarious action of pranking their kids. When these fellas photobombed their sleeping grandfather, he knew that for the best revenge he just needed to wait until their nap time…
10. People make a lot of jokes about contractors being unreliable, but this father-in-law is proof that there’s more to them than meets the eye. And by “more,” that usually means secret graffiti hidden all over your home.
Find more funny parents on the next page…
11. Before smartphones, the worst a not-so-tech-savvy parent could do was butt dial you. Now, thanks to the iPhone, every child must live in fear of receiving a photo of their dad smiling when he’s on the can.
12. Gotta love a dad who not only leaves plenty of cash for pizza and beer, but leaves said cash in a place that is totally hilarious and impossible to miss. Meatloaf (that’s the family cat, in case you were wondering) is far better of a dinner date than your aunt and uncle. Funny fathers FTW!
13. It’s hard to tell if this is a hilarious dad joke or if it’s a deadly challenge. Few things are scarier than a sleepy kitty holding something valuable in its claws. You wouldn’t wake a sleeping lion, would you? Thought so.
14. It might not be something you hear every day, but it’s totally true: the parents who force their children to cosplay with them at major conventions are the parents who are most likely to be placed in the finest nursing homes.
15. This photograph is so close to being convincing. Sadly for this dad, the whole “the world is actually three-dimensional” thing kind of gives away his entire prank. The fish eye lens also does not help his cause.
See even more funny parents on the next page…
16. There’s nothing worse than a killer case of FOMO: fear of missing out. Unless, of course, that killer case of FOMO is exacerbated by your dad taking selfies with celebrities during trips you were supposed to go on with him…
17. It’s always awkward trying to get to know your girlfriend’s father, especially when you’re just a teenager. This dude absolutely made life harder for himself with his choice of attire. He was basically asking her dad to make this joke!
18. If this is how her dad takes care of her cat while she’s away, just imagine the sort of shenanigans he’ll get into when he has actual grandchildren to look over! Hide the markers, because you know he’ll give them all mustaches.
19. In fairness to her parents, there’s not exactly anything wrong with mailing a selfie. To be honest, the really funny part about this photo is the fact that they took said selfie with a Polaroid camera!
20. You would think that most parents wouldn’t dream of joking when it comes to their children’s higher education… but that’s only because you never met this girl’s parents. This is pretty intense!
Find more parent pranks and jokes on the next page!
21. You have to admit, this dad sounds kind of amazing. Not only does he have a killer sense of humor, but he apparently also has an entire folder of selfies that would make any other dad green with envy.
22. Millennials aren’t the only ones who are passionate fans of the current seasons of Doctor Who. It’s also dorky fathers who deeply enjoy making geeky jokes about the show, even if they’re the only ones laughing about them!
23. You have to admit, what this dad’s message system lacks in efficiency and technology it more than makes up for in being pure, hilarious, and nostalgic fun for messengers of all ages!
24. Ever wanted to know one surefire way to make sure your kid stops inviting all of his friends over to your house after school to eat you out of house and home? Why, just make them a “very special cake” that they won’t soon forget. This really takes “sponge cake” to a whole other level…
25. When you were kid you probably didn’t spend any time wondering what your parents were up to when you weren’t around. That said, even if you did stop and wonder, you probably never thought it would be stuff like this!
There are more practical jokers on the next page!
26. Raise your hand if you would absolutely pay cash money to watch a TV show about Nigel’s adventures as a house husband. Come for the chores… stay for the hilariously themed fly swatting.
27. Which is funnier: the idea that a dog would actually create its own little pup cave, or that this guy’s dad taught himself how to use Photoshop for the sole purpose of putting together this hilarious visual joke?
28. This older dad wanted an iPad for his birthday, so he was over the moon when he got one. This, of course, was the first photo he took with the thing. No one had the heart to try and explain why this was so funny to him, and with good reason.
29. Learning how to drive can be a scary thing, and not just for the kid behind the wheel! This father captured the hilarious terror of being a parent on the road with a newly licensed driver. Best terrified selfie ever? Oh, definitely.
30. The relationship between a father and his daughter might be special, but it’s nowhere near as special as the relationship between a father and the family cat. Exhibit A: this dad singing to cheer up the cat as he recovers from an illness.
We saved the funniest parents for last, so keep going!
31. You know that saying “Getting old isn’t for sissies?” That’s why this dad decided to share of photo of the simple hack he uses every day to get some water from the sink without having to cause himself too much discomfort.
32. Here’s what happens when your parents offer you a reasonable fee to paint the house and you refuse, leaving them to their own devices. Most people would let bygones be bygones, but not this funny mom and dad!
33. This son bought his parents a new smartphone and had a hard time getting a hold of them. When he couldn’t get them to answer the phone, he texted them. They responded to that text with a hilarious proof-of-life selfie.
34. While this dad was cleaning out the family bathroom, he discovered his daughter’s collection of hair extensions and hair pieces. He could have just left them alone, but he decided to go for this glamour shot instead.
35. When a young lady came home for the holidays after announcing she had a new boyfriend, her father made her this special gift: a blanket with his face on it. “Just in case you need birth control,” he told her. Oh boy, dads sure say the darndest things!