A diagnosis of cancer is one of the scariest things a person could hear in their life. The unavoidable “why me?” is followed by the realization that while movies talk about it so nonchalantly, beating cancer is not a guarantee – it’s the miraculous exception. But with the proper treatment, the support of family and friends, and the right attitude towards life, patients can hold on to hope that one day, they can beat cancer.
On what is likely the happiest day of their lives, these inspirational people who fought bravely against this terrible disease share the incredible news:
1. This little boy who kicked leukemia’s butt!
2. This lovely woman celebrating the beginning of the rest of her life with an awesome day on the beach.
3. This Twitter post by @dustyalmond: “MY SISTER IS OFFICIALLY CANCER FREE!!!!!!!”
4. Her smile says everything.
5. A decade of happiness for this blessed young lady.
6. This adorable baby girl with her loving parents.
7. This pink angel who just marked 100 days of being cancer free!
8. This girl who fought cancer for the second time, and won.
9. Meredith, whose happiness shines in her eyes. Good-bye stupid cancer.
10. This gorgeous lady celebrating her first day of being cancer free.
11. This handsome boy who won the fight.
12. This brave girl first wanted to thank everyone for their love and support.
13. What an anniversary to celebrate!
14. No more rematches for darling Jordyn.
15. A special smile for special news!
16. This family who learned that Daddy is going to see his daughter grow up.
17. The best use for social media: Delivering good news to the world.
18. This adorable guy just took his last chemo pill.
19. Cami, who will without a doubt kick cancer’s ass the second time. Go Cami!
As these people (and dog) celebrate their new lease on life surrounded by their families and friends, we should all remember just how blessed we really are.
If their stories inspired you, share them with others.