No one knows everything, and even those who go through life in a constant search for knowledge will never learn more than a tiny fraction of what’s really out there in our fascinating universe. We won’t be so bold as to try to change that, because it’s impossible. But we do try our best to share the coolest, most interesting things out there that we think you will love.
So if you don’t live by ‘ignorance is bliss’, take a look at these rare and unusual photos that most people have never seen before. You’ll probably learn a few things.
1. This is just one picture, taken using some tricky forced perspective tricks.
2. A sea turtle riding a jelly fish.
3. An wolf made only from pipe cleaners.
4. A sand bar near the Bermuda Triangle that destroyed 16 ships.
5. A path-laying machine weaving bricks.
6. The internal mechanism of a watch by Patek Philippe, one of the finest watch makers in the world.
7. A rare photo of the Hoover Dam before it became operational. Water covers this whole area today.
8. Naturally formed perfect cubes of pyrite.
9. Bismuth and its iridescent surface.
10. What a human sees (above) and what a cat sees (below).
11. This fish eats prey 10 times its size.
12. Glass that melted during a building fire.
13. The deepest swimming pool in the world (113 ft) holds 600,000 gallons of water.
14. What the human jaw looks like before losing baby teeth.
15. This lizard shed its skin in one piece.
16. An incredibly masterfully colored pencil sketch of a wave.
17. A cross-section of an airliner.
18. A giant sword memorial on the coast of Norway.
19. Present day Manhattan… and how it looked like 400 years ago.
20. What Space Mountain looks like inside with all of the lights on.
21. The difference a decade made in Dubai.
22. What a liter bottle looks like before compressed air is added.
23. The Fukang Meteorite.
24. A cabinet carved to look like it was a glitch.
25. What grass looks like after being struck by lightning.
26. The most incredible thing you can do with a stack of coins.
27. This 3D printed cast with ultrasound technology helps bones heal 40% faster.
28. An aerial view of a bridge over icy water.
29. A picture of fireworks, taken by a camera that refocused during the explosion.
30. The space shuttle Atlantis as seen from the International Space Station.
31. An old rail car used as a bridge.
32. An eclipse and a sunset, occurring at the same time.
33. A loaf of glass art. Each slice is worth about $5,000.
We were really impressed when we discovered these. Hopefully, you were too. There are so many incredible things on our planet just waiting to be discovered and shared!
If you liked these amazing photos, don’t just keep them to yourself. Share them with your friends using the button below.