Repurposing items you can’t use anymore is an awesome way to save money. “Upcycling,” as it’s sometimes called, is also the perfect opportunity to flex your craft skills and see how creative you can get with what you already own.
Nothing illustrates this better than these 29 incredible reclamation projects. Check out what these people did to transform objects that once seemed like trash into amazing, treasured home goods.
1. Turn a piano into a totally unique tool bench!
2. Turn broken pots into plant markers.
3. Your old monitor makes a perfect fish tank.
4. Silverware makes for a great wind chime.
5. An old dresser makes a great bench.
6. Who knew your old gloves would be great stuffed toys?
7. Broken tea cups make for great curtain tie-backs.
8. They also make ideal light fixtures.
9. Tennis rackets are transformed into mirrors!
10. A broken chair is a great swing!
11. A picture frame becomes an earring rack.
12. Old books can become bookshelves themselves!
13. An old door turned on its side makes your mudroom instantly classier than ever before!
14. An old guitar becomes a shelf.
15. An old desk makes a great nightstand.
16. A discarded chandelier makes a nice dessert display.
17. Melt down your old crayons to make new ones!
18. A broken umbrella becomes a fun kid’s parachute.
19. Ripped jeans make a stylish set of napkins.
20. Old ladders make for rustic shelves.
21. You can also use them to prop up a birdhouse!
22. One table magically becomes two!
23. An old screen door is an ideal pot rack.
24. Old bedsprings make for great bulletin boards.
25. Old blinds are perfect for making 3D picture frames.
26. Broken jewelry makes great magnets!
27. A rusted old rake makes a great wine glass holder.
28. Don’t throw out your old tub, turn it into a new place to sit!
29. Old drawers make great display shelves!
This is so cool!
Help your friends turn trash into treasure by sharing this story below!